AMG Viella 12 Turntable
We have run out of stock for this item.
Please Call/Email to order - Item Not Available for Online Purchase
Price varies based in finish and options
Precision engineering and classic design are embodied in the first turntable from AMG, the Viella V12. Introduced at the 2012 CES in Las Vegas, the V12 immediately caught the attention of the press, the industrial design community, and audiophiles. All machining is done in-house, combining the latest Computer Aided Design and CNC machines with “classic analog” tools, including custom lathes and drill presses. This assures the highest precision and value.
The Viella’s unique industrial design with its oval shape and cherry wood or black lacquer skirt houses many proprietary developments. These all have the specific function of lowering the vibrational noise floor. The platter bearing is self-contained in an oil bath with integral sub-platter flywheel and convex polished 18mm steel axle against a PFTE thrust pad, eliminating potential noise. The massive aluminum platter with an integral PVC record mat and decoupled spindle further isolates the stylus in the record groove. The in-house designed and hand-built Lorenzi brushless DC motor uses both a flywheel and high-mass stainless-steel machined pulley for speed stability and is decoupled from the thick aluminum plinth. The V12 includes touch capacitance speed select buttons that allow fine speed tuning, integral spirit level, outboard power supply, and easy adjustable leveling.
The AMG Viella 12 turntable has one of longest tenures of any product in The Absolute Sounds’ “50 Greatest Bargains in Ultra High End”.
The AMG Viella is a suspended, belt-driven turntable with integral tonearm, outboard motor controller, and screw-down clamp.
- Dimensions: 20 5/8″ x 8″ x 12 7/16″
- Weight: 56.4 lbs.
- Lorenzi 2-pulse, low-speed brushless, precision 24v DC motor with auxiliary reluctance moment
- Sintered bronze bearings
- Cured and polished axis
- Motor housing acoustically decoupled from plinth via 5 rubber/metal mounts
- Decoupled spindle, 2-piece construction
- CNC machined in house using aircraft grade aluminum
- Weighted rim for enhanced flywheel effect
- 12.5″ (318mm) diameter, 24.25 lbs. (11Kg) weight
- Dual-pivot design replaces the standard gimbaled bearing
- Vertical bearing, similar to a technique used in the rotor heads of helicopters
- Uses two .5mm thick “spring steel wires,” allowing fine azimuth adjustment while eliminating bearing play
- Horizontal axle is a hardened tool steel, precision ground to a backlash-free git with a needle roller bearing
- It is extremely precise, maintenance free, and never requires adjustment