When you move up to the 2M Blue, it's all about the diamond! The benefit you hear with this is pretty big. Just about everything related to the sound is improved. You’ll hear many more tiny little details in the music and it will seem more effortless and open. Our advice is if you have a table with a 2M Red, buy the 2M Blue stylus either now or when it's time to replace it. You will be very surprised at the difference just a Nude elliptical stylus can make!
The 2M Blue adds more dynamics and resolution, sounds more open, and reproduces more details compared to the 2M Red model.
- An improved engine, which provides an increased output of 5.5 mV and optimized sound reproduction and a high level of sonic accuracy.
- Nude Elliptical diamond and split pole pins with copper wire.
- The cartridge body is manufactured from Hopelex, an environment-friendly material that ensures high rigidity while eliminating unwanted resonances.
Details & Specs
- Output voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec. - 5.5 mV
- Channel balance at 1 kHz - 1.5 dB
- Channel separation at 1 kHz - 25 dB
- Channel separation at 15 kHz - 15 dB
- Frequency range at - 3dB - 20-25.000 Hz
- Frequency response - 20-20.000 Hz + 2 / - 1 dB
- Tracking ability at 315Hz at recommended tracking force - 80 µm
- Compliance, dynamic, lateral - 20 µm/mN
- Stylus type - Nude Elliptical
- Stylus tip radius - r/R 8/18 µm
- Tracking force range - 1.6-2.0 g (16-20 mN)
- Tracking force, recommended - 1.8 g (18 mN)
- Tracking angle - 20°
- Internal impedance, DC resistance - 1.3 kOhm
- Internal inductance - 700 mH
- Recommended load resistance - 47 kOhm
- Recommended load capacitance - 150-300 pF
- Cartridge colour, body/stylus - Black/Blue
- Cartridge weight - 7.2 g
- 2M PnP MkII cartridge with integrated headshell weight - 20 g
- 2M PnP MkII cartridge with integrated headshell length - 52 mm
Replacement stylus unit - 2M Blue (interchangeable with 2M Red and 2M Silver)
Stylus lifetime: with proper care we find that up to 1000 hours is possible without degradation of performance.