Normally ships within 2-3 weeks, call for exact shipping time.
Key Features For A Quieter and More Musical Phonostage
- Completely new 100% tube analog circuit design with optimized components.
- Dynamic range increased from 108dBV to 116dBV, so the quietest parts are quieter, louder parts are louder.
- Loading on the secondary of the MC transformer to capture the most detail from the cartridge.
- 12 position MC load per channel with more finessed adjustable options like 1000, 800, 700, 500, 400, 350, 300, 250, 200, 150, 100, 50 Ohms
- Two completely independent dual mono channels, with LED indicators for A and B
- Gain is improved up to 7dB, which increases the output volume to better match your cartridge to your system.
- The voltage increases from 250V to 300V for more headroom.
- The power increases from 52W to 60W to provide more energy needed to reproduce the highs and lows of music accurately.
- The amps increase from 3.4 A to 8 A to provide more current to the tubes.
- Maximum output improved from 8V RMS to 12V RMS increases the headroom to allow more musical peaks like trumpet and drums.
- New 12DW7 tubes improves the amplification to better drive the output tubes which gives you lower noise, more headroom and lower distortion.
- Dual chassis external power supply
- New Toroid design ESP Supply replaces the linear regulated power supply which generates significantly less noise by concentrating the magnetic fields.
- The dark black noise levels went from -90dB to -95dB.
- New PCB layout with significantly more grounding for lower noise.
- Dual chassis with 3-meter RFI filtered umbilical cable to eliminate external noise.
- Dedicated output tubes driving high quality output transformers to create a true differential low impedance output for lower noise and ideal transfer of power to the preamp.
- True floating ground, transformer balanced XLR inputs and outputs
- New grounding throughout to further reduce the internal and external noise.
- Switching on relays so there’s no digital chatter.
- Easily adjustable MC “Load on the fly” without klicks or pops so you can hear the change
- Elegantly designed 16-gauge steel enclosure to help isolate the electronic “chatter” from nearby equipment
- Ground lift switches on the MC inputs on each channel to prevent noisy ground loops
- All the RCA and XLR connectors are Gold plated for better conductance and lower corrosion
- Accommodates 4 tonearms, 1 MM and 1 MC per channel
- All settings are saved when you switch between channels
- More energy efficient Standby power that reduces the drain from 7w to 0.5W.
- All switches and knobs are easily accessible, nothing hidden inside to adjust
- Recessed RCA connectors are durable and will hold up to the typical Audiophile who loves to change their configuration
- Each unit is hand built “Made in the USA”
- 50-hour factory burn in on all circuits and vacuum tubes before final testing
Tessera means the number 4 in Greek
Inputs per Channel
- Two completely independent dual mono channels, A and B with LED indicator
- Accommodates 4 tonearms, 2 per channel
- Separate MM and MC inputs per channel
- Each channel has independent controls and all selections are saved when you switch between channels
- Selection switch for MC and 2 position MM 47K and MM 68K
- MM impedance switch 47K or 68K Ohms
- MM capacitance 220pf
- MC transformer Balanced gold plated XLR input
- MM and MC Single Ended RCA input, gold plated with isolated ground
- 4 MC ground on/off switch
- 12 position MC load impedance:1000, 800, 700, 500, 400, 350, 300, 250, 200, 150, 100, 50 Ohms
- 4 Superior quality MC Internal step up transformers
- 3 position MC gain switch for High, Medium & Low output cartridges
- Two ground binding posts
Outputs per channel
- High quality output transformers driven by dedicated 12AU7/ECC82 output tubes
- True floating ground, transformer Balanced XLR gold plated outputs
- Single Ended gold plated RCA output, with isolated ground
- Impedance 600 Ohms
- +12V max output level
- Two (2) Gold pin JJ ECC83S/12AX7 vacuum tubes with high quality gold pin ceramic sockets
- Two (2) JJ ECC832/12DW7 vacuum tubes with high quality gold pin ceramic sockets
- Two (2) Gold pin JJ ECC82/12AU7 vacuum tubes with high quality gold pin ceramic sockets
- Dual chassis
- Power supply with 3 meter DC umbilical cable incorporating special RFI suppression
- Locking bayonet connector rated for higher voltage and higher current
- New ESP Supply with 3 Toroid. 1 high voltage 300V and 1 low voltage 12V low power and 1 low voltage 12V high power, housed in the external unit.
- Power supply dual color LED, yellow for standby and red for ON
- Main unit push ON/OFF front power switch illuminates a red LED on Channel A or B
- Power supply standby switch on the front
- Power supply standby power rating 0.5 Watts
- Power consumption 60 Watts
- Standard 3 pin 15A IEC power connector on power supply
- Voltage 110V – 120V AC 60Hz
- Optional factory installed 220V – 240V AC 50/60Hz
- 3 position Gain switch
- MC input 65dB, 70dB and 75dB or MM input 47dB, 51dB and 55dB
- Noise 95 dBV below max output level
- Dynamic range 116 dBV
- Frequency response complies with the original RIAA curve within +or- 0.5 dB
- RIAA curve is achieved using a passive filter
- 1% metal film resisters throughout
- Polypropylene capacitors throughout the audio path
- All analog tube circuitry with no solid state devices in the signal path
- Controls on the front
- “Made in the USA” using US and imported parts
- Each unit is built by hand
- 50 hour factory burn in on all circuits and vacuum tubes
- Dimensions main chassis 17″ W X 15″ D X 5.5″ H, Power Supply 17”W x 8”D x 5”H
- Weight: Main unit 27 lbs. (12.25 Kg), Power supply 18 lbs. (8.16 Kg)
- Shipping weight 55 lbs.(24.9 Kg), box 20″ X 20″ X 16″
- 16 gauge zinc plated steel enclosure
- Two year limited warranty
- Six months warranty on Vacuum Tubes